Roger M. Amundson, DDS
Dentist in Grand Forks, NDRoger M. Amundson, DDS MAGD
As a lifelong resident of Grand Forks, I consider it a privilege to care for the dental health of people in our community! Meeting new people, caring for their dental needs and transforming smiles is truly a passion. I am grateful to work with our team of professionals who care about you and your smile.
My career path led me to the University of North Dakota and Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for dental school. The motto at Marquette is "Be the Difference". To me this means caring for people the way we would want to be treated ourselves. We care for people, not just teeth, and will help you achieve a healthy beautiful smile. I recognize that everyone is a unique individual who have placed their trust in us and value every patient relationship.
As a young child, I chose a career in dentistry as a result of strong role models. With encouragement and mentoring from my general dentist and orthodontist, I knew dentistry was right for me. Both of these men were kind and caring leaders in the community with a soft heart and gentle touch.
Dr. Amundson received his Masters in the Academy of General Dentistry in 2012 and attends numerous continuing education courses throughout the year to stay current on recent advances in the field of dentistry. In addition, he continues to enhance and share his knowledge of dentistry as an active member of the following dental professional groups:
- American Dental Association
- Fellow of International College of Dentists
- Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- Dentist on call for Valley Memorial Homes (28 years)
- Sec/Treasurer NE District Dental Society (25 years)
- Job-Shadowing for Pre-Dental Students of UND
- North Dakota Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Northeast District Dental Society
- Dental Volunteer for Third Street Clinic
- Red River Valley Study Club
- Two-Bit Study Club
Dr. Amundson is also an alumni of the following organizations:
- Spear Dental Education
- Schuster Center for Professional Development
- LD Pankey Institute
- The Dawson Academy
- Past President of NE District Dental Society
- Multi-Term Delegate to ND State Dental Convention
- Dental Service Corporation Board Member (6 years)
- General Chairman for ND State Dental Convention
- Exhibits Chariman for ND State Dental Convention
Scott M. Amundson, DDS
We welcome Scott and his wife Karlie back to Grand Forks, ND! Scott graduated Marquette University School of Dentistry on May 21, 2017. Together with Karlie, they have made their home in Grand Forks and are very excited to begin their careers! Scott has joined Dr. Roger and Karlie has taken a position at Altru Health System as an RN.